Citect - Runtime Manager cannot validate license

ongzy

I accidentally altered the date but then back again. Still the system show me a message to properly insert dongle and make sure my computer's date and time are accurate.

Any solution?

Looks like this is a serious problem :(

It detects may17, 2011 as the accurate date.
When the date is set at that time, it can run as normal.
What a stupid system.

Well I certainly think that this is the vulnerability of the designed system.

Tried diff dongle it still doesn't help. USB

Citect cares. Date is an essential tool. Unless your customer does not require the display of date & time. But a computer without date & time, who wants it?

I didn't mean that Citect doesn't care about Date & time to display on the PC. I meant that I didn't think the computer's date and time mattered as far being able to read the dongle is concerned. Have you tried installing/updating the sentinel driver ?
From the Citect Explorer you can select HELP, CITECT KEY UPDATE does that show anything ? DONT press the Update key Button though.

Last edited:
That is the exact warning message prompt by Citect.

As I've said, everything works fine until I accidentally altered the date on my computer to may17, 2011. When I changed the date back to the actual one, everything starts to fail. Guess it's the system. They have the time running when you run the project.

Default start page > Tools > Admin Tool

They have start time, current time and run time.
Guess this is the reason why the system fails when I altered my computer's date back to the actual date which is a date before the start time.

I have tried whatever I can. Efforts in vain.
Deleted the projects, restored back up file. Still the same.

runtime.jpg

Last edited:
I dont have v7.10 and dont have a copy running but I think that the process and type sections of the runtime manager should be saying something like "server".it looks like your project is a client of a bigger networked project is this the case ? Orc is your project "stand alone"? In teh Citect explorer go thru the computer role setup and make sure that this data is correct. Also what do you get when you attempt to read "Key Update" as I suggested before ?

This is what it shows.

License obviously still valid.
Else wouldn't run when the date is may17, 2011.

Last edited:
I think that the process and type sections of the runtime manager should be saying something like "server".it looks like your project is a client of a bigger networked project is this the case ? Orc is your project "stand alone"? In teh Citect explorer go thru the computer role setup and make sure that this data is correct.

I think it shouldn't be the problem of server/client stuffs as I've been working on the project for a day and it worked just fine. Until the next day when I accidentally touched the date on my computer then only this weird message keeps prompting. Am guessing it keeps the date of may17, 2011 in Citect as accurate time already. Need to know how to alter the setting in Citect I suppose.

Is that an Integrator Dongle ? I'm not familiar with Vijeo Citect (more so with "old" Citect) Our Integrator Dongles are valid for a year at a time but "normal" end-user dongles (at least CITECT ones) are not, at least they never used to be. Can you install Citect & project on another PC ? This would let you know if it is the dongle itself or Citect that is "remebering" the date. If it's the Citect that "remembers it" maybe a re-install of Citect may help. If it's the dongle that is "remebering" the date then you will need to contact Citect. Sorry I cant be of more help

I think it shouldn't be the problem of server/client stuffs as I've been working on the project for a day and it worked just fine. Until the next day when I accidentally touched the date on my computer then only this weird message keeps prompting. Am guessing it keeps the date of may17, 2011 in Citect as accurate time already. Need to know how to alter the setting in Citect I suppose.
Citect just reads Windows Time, most projects I've done we actually don't use citect to adjust date/time but do it direct from date/time applet

Is that an Integrator Dongle ? I'm not familiar with Vijeo Citect (more so with "old" Citect) Our Integrator Dongles are valid for a year at a time but "normal" end-user dongles (at least CITECT ones) are not, at least they never used to be. Can you install Citect & project on another PC ? This would let you know if it is the dongle itself or Citect that is "remebering" the date. If it's the Citect that "remembers it" maybe a re-install of Citect may help. If it's the dongle that is "remebering" the date then you will need to contact Citect. Sorry I cant be of more help

Sorry reread your post about trying different dongle..If you've removed and re-installed project then only thing left is re-install Citect or try different PC.
There used to be a file in the project Folder that ended in .cit. I think it held information about the project. when you removed the project did you alos delte the folder it was in or did you just restore over the top of existing project? What happens if you create a totally new and un-related project ? Is the entire PC stopped from running or only this one project ?

Last edited: