Help troubleshooting Old Servo Power System

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I have a customer with an old system which I think was bought by Bosch who was then bought by Rexroth and I'm not having much luck finding someone that might know something about these power supplies. Google has been no help locating a manual.

The first picture shows the system and the second shows where the problem is. The wires in the 2nd picture are over heating. I have no way to know for sure what these wires even are?... Any help appreciated.

">

a%3E

a%3E

Norm

Maybe photo problem is on my end now I get two that show up. Regardless teh link to photos cured that problem.

IF you are referring to the black red and white #8 or so conductors in photo 002 then I would first suspect poor connections in those &W@^# nylon connectors. IF mine I would cut them out entirely (IDEALLY) OR disassemble solder and reassemble without mangling them (good luck).
Other than that I see no major overheating based on photos 002 and 001.

Is that first module the main DC bus power supply and the conductors feed DC in a daisy chain to each of the modules? IF so I for sure would look into voltage drop on that daisy chain.

Crystal balling this with no manual from however many miles away is fun.

Dan Bentler

Those are definitely Siemens drives, although if they are 611s they are a very early version of the 611. The upside down "U" indication of ready, bus up and enable is identical to the 611 implentation. So if you have a Siemens contact that is here I would start.

Keith

Those are definitely Siemens drives, although if they are 611s they are a very early version of the 611. The upside down "U" indication of ready, bus up and enable is identical to the 611 implentation. So if you have a Siemens contact that is here I would start.

Keith

I work for Siemens and they are NOT Siemens drives
They look very close to a 611A. They are not 611U because the drive portion does not have a keypad or a 9 pin comm port.

The 611A's have some pots on the front.

For grins, if you want a 611A manual- PM me.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. The thing throwing us at the outset was that the power supply is a valid Bosch part. Seems like a 3rd party private labeled some Siemens technology here. I saw the web site but I couldn't find an English version and don't read German so thanks also for letting me know what was there.

Take Care