Citect - Downgrade version, how?

ongzy

Anyway can I downgrade version 7.10 r2 to 7.0 r3 ?

Have a .ctz back up file project that I want it to run on a lower version scada.

I would not believe so. You could try but I do not believe it will work.
Most software is not backward compatable.
Why would you want to do it? I can understand going up versions for improved functionality and/or fixes but not down.

You can use a Citect tool available on their website, Environment Manager, it lets you run multiple versions of the software, its not very robust though

Do you mean you are running on 7.0 and have a customers 7.10 backup ?

Best to just backup all your current projects that are on 7.0, install 7.10, do the work then reinstall 7.0

You can use a Citect tool available on their website, Environment Manager, it lets you run multiple versions of the software, its not very robust though

Citect is popular on here at the moment....:)

My understanding of the Environment Manager is that the earlier versions of Citect should be installed first.

I may be wrong, but if you have, for example, Version 7.1 installed and then try to install an earlier version, you may have problems with the Environment Manager..

Someone please correct me if I am wrong..

Ian

Citect is popular on here at the moment....:)

My understanding of the Environment Manager is that the earlier versions of Citect should be installed first.

I may be wrong, but if you have, for example, Version 7.1 installed and then try to install an earlier version, you may have problems with the Environment Manager..

Someone please correct me if I am wrong..

Ian

I think thats the way it goes, i have never really used it, i had a play with it but it seemed more trouble than it was worth.

I just have a development machine which i can install\unitnstall different versions too, a VM image with all the different versions would be a good option too.

I have used it before and do intend to use it in the future. Biggest problem is I run Windows 7 x 64 bit these days and not sure how the earlier versions will react.
So far most programs behave quite well but I doubt Citect will. May have to use XP mode and install it in there.
Yes, install the earlier versions first.

My version is 7.1, customer's version is 7.0
The key objection is to use interchange version of files while doing modification.
So no point using separate machine or system restore.

Environment Manager is a suggestion.
Since not very robust, won't take the risk.

Thanks for the opinions and knowledge shared.

I would try and convince the customer of the benefits in upgrading.
(Personally I would push to upgrade both to 7.2)
An upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 (or 7.2) is a fairly simple and quick procedure, and if the customer is still in support then the license upgrade is free