Call instruction

vj5588

Hello friends

I am practicing simatic s7-300, I just want to know how to use CALL instruction, while programming. I reviewed the simatic manual but I could not understand. Can anyone guide me please.

call

Call ? Call function, function block ?

In stl:

UC FC10 = unconditional call, this calls the Function FC10 without conditions. The code in FC10 will be executed and then it comes back to resume the program.

Don't know what u don't understand... please explain more...

Hello friends

I am practicing simatic s7-300, I just want to know how to use CALL instruction, while programming. I reviewed the simatic manual but I could not understand. Can anyone guide me please.

Hi Vj,

When the PLC goes into RUN mode it immediately calls OB1. You then 'call' other FCs (functions) and FBs (function blocks) from OB1 to direct the program flow.

So, for example, in OB1 you would have:
CALL FC 1
CALL FC 25
CALL FB 15, DB 20 (each FB needs an associated DataBlock)

HTH ;-)