RSView 3.20 trend and tag import

sapoleon

Hi all, it´s been a while... I just started independent, and after almost a year, I got my first client....

So, the problems begins.

My project, is to write a almost new application in an SLC500 (rewiring) and an almost new application in RSView 3.20

With the PLC, no problems, because it´s all from zero.

My first problem with RSView, is that I didn´t work with it. :)

Now the reality, I have a copy of the directory with a xx.sed file and the project.
I open a new project, and try to import the project, but always get a Unable to create HMI server, and that is when trying to import the tags.
So I create a new proyect, and start importing everything separately. I can import everything, except the TAGS. Even trying in RSView 4.00.
. Can someone point out why can that be? maybe I need to create devices first or something like that (worked a lot with Cimplicity)

The second problem I got, is with the Trend screens, it seems to be missing an Active X, and I don´t know where to get it. The trends are blank, and I gget a CAB file missing on the server: http://localhost/RSViewActiveXControlSetup/RSTXView3ocx.CAB
Trend: Newer file versio of ActiveX control required

I will appreciate any input.

Thanks a lot

The first thing I would need cleared up is,

The RSView is it
RSView 32, or
RSView SE ( now know as Factory Talk SE )
as your file extension does not gel with me unless it might be a SE Developement file

The 3.20 is this the version number of the RSView 32 or the RSView SE or , is it the Trend X which is an add on th RSView 32

It is quite likely your version numbers may be off as version 3.20 in RSView is both flavour will probably be 5 or more years old.

Hi Gil,

It is RSView SE 3.20.00 (CPR 6)

I know is an old old version, but it is what this people have, and they don´t want an upgrade. Unfortunately, they are happy with it. Also with the PLC.

What I don´t know, is the TrendX version. I think it is the AddOn, but I don´t really know RSView. I already installed the last TrendX that I found in Rockwell, (3.45.00 CPR9 SR1), and still I get that message.
And I am looking, and still don´t know how to add a TrendX object. I just see the normal trend....

Still working on it