Mitsubishi and MTA-10 "baby MMI"

lansoc

L
I have an old MTA-10 that was manufactured by Beijers for Mitsubishi. I'm told it is more than likely about 8 yrs. old. I'm looking for programming software. It displays ver.1.0 on power-up. I have software but it appears to be too NEW. It is SW-MTA-WIN ver. 3.11 Build 5. Can anybody point me to an older ver. that will work w/ this little devil. Or interested in sending me something that is so old and obsolete?

Your software should work. You will need the SC09 cable/ converter to communicate. I wouldn't spend too much time, and no money on this. It is unsupported, even the newer MTA12 is now unsupported. They did a really poor job in weaning us OEMs off this. The E50 from Bejer was supposed to replace it, it is a real POS and doesn't come close. I have 600+ units in the field, and no viable options for replacements.

sorry for the bad news
tommy23t

PS- I think Bejers has the SC09 wiring on thier website if your hell bent on getting this to work.

I have the needed cable but can't get it to take. Yes, I'm powering up holding the < & - keys. Does it Display "Download" when ready to get it? When I hold the keys and power-up it flashes something like Erase Memory then goes to a Loading EEProm. I know there is a pre-configured file in it from the factory that gets called up holding > & + at power-up. I did that sometime ago and it seems to be stuck there.
I'm really just using this for a learning tool w/ a Mitsu FXos. The price on both was so good, like "nothing"! Great to learn w/ right? Thanx!

When it powers up correctly, it should read "communication" Do this first, then try to download. You should then see the display change like "RX block1" ect. when done, will go back to communication

(I thought it was < and + for this mode, I may be thinking of the MTA12)- There should be a manual on Bejers

Don't get me wrong. I thought this was and is a great little unit.

If you have other errors, I am not that familiar with what you describe.

Good Luck

Thanx for the info!
I think I have tried about every possible combination of holding keys while powering up. I never get it display anything different that would lead me to believe that it is a "download" mode. Any other ideas? Do you remember this ever happening? I'm starting to wonder if it was damaged in some way.

I was told, that SC09 cable will not work with MTA10 because MTA is not providing +5V to SC09 converter.
MTA needs externally powered converter. Someting like SC06

Yes, I have the req'd cable w/ the external power supply. It is sold as the number SC-06N. When the MTA-10 is in use it gets it's power from the PLC. When you are trying to download of course you aren't connected to the PLC. The "black box" (part of the -06N) is a converter of RS-232 to 422 plus the power input from a 5 vdc power supply is also connected to the "box" and all goes out to a 8 pin Circ DIN connector.
I just can't seem to get it to mode that it will except the file being downloaded to it!

thanx,

Just wanted to tell everyone that I finally got it to take a file. A Mitsu programmer helped by finding an old manual w/ some info in it. For this old one you just need to hold the < key on power-up. Then it displays "waiting for MP".

Thanx everyone for your ideas, every little bit helps!

Sorry for bum steer. I had my sc's mixed up. I brought home an old manual tonite, but see you already got it to work.

tommy23t