Citect - Ungroup & Regroup without losing properties

ongzy

It takes up a lot of time to edit the grouped objects of a finished project as it has a lot of modification to do.

Anyway we can ungroup, edit then regroup them without having to reinsert the group properties?

This is something I've only discovered recently, hold down the "Ctrl" button while clicking on the object in the group and (usually) you get to edit the properties of that object.

I say "usually" as it is not infallible when you have nested groupings - then I just have to use the old, slow method!

Good luck.

You cant ungroup and regroup without losing properties, but you can get to the objects within the group and edit the properties. From the top menu bar, I think it is under tools there is a selection 'go to' (I think) clicking this will show all the animation points on the page, you should then see the groups expand the group and select the object within the group and edit its properties

hope this helps

Mmmmm, so you can!

Pity everything is referenced by its AN number. :unsure:

However, this can be found by selecting the Access tab of the properties of the original grouped object. (y)

Thanks.

If you want to edit a property of an item inside a group, the 'CTRL' method is best.

However if you want to edit something that is not a property (such as position) you really need to break the group up. I usually keep a duplicate of the original group so i can just paste the properties of the group back in.

This is something I've only discovered recently, hold down the "Ctrl" button while clicking on the object in the group and (usually) you get to edit the properties of that object.

I say "usually" as it is not infallible when you have nested groupings - then I just have to use the old, slow method!

Good luck.

You cant ungroup and regroup without losing properties, but you can get to the objects within the group and edit the properties. From the top menu bar, I think it is under tools there is a selection 'go to' (I think) clicking this will show all the animation points on the page, you should then see the groups expand the group and select the object within the group and edit its properties

hope this helps

You guys are equally awesome.
This is indeed a great help, thanks!

Ctrl method is faster, but no harm learning more.

If you want to edit a property of an item inside a group, the 'CTRL' method is best.

However if you want to edit something that is not a property (such as position) you really need to break the group up. I usually keep a duplicate of the original group so i can just paste the properties of the group back in.

Let's hope citect do something about it :)
Thanks for this foot note.