1747 oc /586

KEN_KACEL

Went to a job site to change a timer in a Slick PLC only to find out it had a 1747 OC ( the OC is for open controller). I have heard about these animals but how do you talk to them and find the timer that needs changing. Is it source code and can you upload it? Has anybody had experience with these there is limited documentation on the internet. Any websites would be helpful. Thanks I am stumped.

The 1747-OC was built by and is supported by Online Development Inc (OLDI) in Knoxville, TN.

It's literally a Pentium PC with a backplane scanner toolkit; it could be running anything from DOS to Linux to Windows NT and whatever language control program the OEM put onto it.

Thanks for the Google websites. I think that to change a timer without the source code might be a little costly. Adding a discrete timer to the output would be cheaper. This has alaways been a problem with PC based PLCs. To reverse engineer is quite a lengthy and costly process. There are reasons why ladder still reigns. Normally I can link into a PLC upload the ladder trace the Output back to its source add a timer or change a Preset and the customer is happy to pay his service bill for 2 to 3 hrs. Is it possible to do that with the 1747OC ? I am seeing that its not... or am I seeing this wrong?