Adding consective numbers with fal

graybeard_61

I need to add 20 consective numbers in a floating point file and store the result in a single element address also in the floating point file. I have used a # before the address in the expression but it still does not work. In my example I am adding f8:150 through f8:169 and storing the result in f8:170. I tried using it in all modes ( inc, all,and Num) with no success as yet. Any help is appreciated.

See picture below. Your length and registers will be different. Example below is just to give you an idea of how to make it work.

You will need to clear the total after each addition of the 20 registers before you add them all again.

add.jpg

Last edited:
If your processor has the AVERAGE instruction, then a faster implementation would be to AVErage the values, then multiply by the number of values.....

AVE = SUM/LEN

therefore

SUM = AVE*LEN