Ge9030 CMM311 to Radio Telemetry

David Siki

Here there,

I am working on a project to send Gefanuc 9030 PLC data via its CMM311 card to put on a radio telemetry link to be sent to another Ge9070 PLC some distance afar.

The radio Link is already in existence.

I want some assistance from someone who have done somewhat a similar project in terms of configurations and communications protocal settings.

Thanks alot in advance for the assistance.

Merry X'mas
David

If I had to do this:
1. I would verify that the SNP protocol will pass through the Radio equipment, if not then try RTU.
2. Verify that the CMM on each end (or Serial port) is at the latest revision and supports the selected protocol.
3. Decide the Master device and the Slave Device, 90-30 or 90-70
4. Go to the GEIP support web site and gather all needed manuals and documentation.
5. Read the documentation.

Merry Christmas