panel view 550

Please provide us with the complete catalog number of your Panelview, for the most accurate answer.

Last edited:
Then yes you can use the PIC, see PDF below.

You will have to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. You will need a real serial port on your PC/Laptop to use this driver.
Also note power requirements for the PIC.

You could also use a memory card to program your PV.

If there is a DH485 network you can connect at any point on the network.

What is the PV connected to now? ( which processor)

Last edited:
its not hooked up to any processor right now I just wanted to do some practice with my panel builder software but I plan on hooking it up to a 5/03

Another option is once the PV is connected to your SLC5/03 is to use the passthru option with the SLC by connecting to the serial port on the SLC and passing thru to its DH485 port. See PDF below for a how-to on passthru configuration.

Also see links for the manuals on the PanelView and the PIC if you don't already have them.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1747-in024_-en-p.pdf

Yes it has a real serial port I am using an old Compaq laptop that I still have. It has a 500 Mhz processor in it but it has a real serial port and even a built in floppy drive so far it works the best with the 1747PIC all the other PC's that I have with a serial port have a hard time recognizing it. Is the RJ45 cable going from the processor to the panel view a strait through cable or does it have an inverted pair?

See PDF and picture below. Straight thru.

cable.jpg

Attachments

• DH-485 Cables used with SLC-500 processors and the 1747AIC.pdf
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
Is the RJ45 cable that goes from PLC processor to Panel view the RJ45 connectors on each end is the cable straight through or does it have some pairs switched around?

Is the RJ45 cable that goes from PLC processor to Panel view the RJ45 connectors on each end is the cable straight through or does it have some pairs switched around?

See my post #10 above.