RSLinxs 2.57 drivers ?

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a new 64bit W7 machine, I was trying to test my cables to make sure that they will all work and run direct off W7 (not XP Mode)

I downloaded the newest RSLinx 2.57 and a lot of the drivers are not there... UIC Devices and others

Is there anyway to upload the drivers? or anyone seen a tech note on this?

I thought you needed the newest version of RSLinx to run on Windows 7

Thanks you

I just checked. RSLinx 2.57 does run on 64 bit W7. But there are no drivers to download. All drivers are included with Linx.

greetings Mark ... I downloaded RSLinx 2.57.00.14 CPR 9 SR3 the other day ... I've got it loaded on an XP-Pro SP3 machine (not Windows 7) ... here's the list of drivers that I'm seeing ...

RSLinx_Drivers.JPG

I found a old thread by Ken and setup the 1747-UIC the old way with the DF1 driver

If anyone needs it I will attach it, still not sure why they removed the drivers, it now only has about 6 .... o_O

I am running lite, maybe thats why ?

well, I get the same "big picture" that I posted earlier even when I run Lite ...

maybe it's just a "Windows 7" thing? ...

maybe the download didn't go so well? ...

maybe the install got scrambled? ...

Ken should be along soon and straighten it out ...

I do know that Win7 64bit will NOT run any 16bit drivers. I don't remember if the AB pcmcia cards were 16bit or not, but if they are...

Good point... when the software loaded maybe it saw it was a 64bit then did not load the drivers that would not work anyway

Wonder if Ken is done with his AM coffee :)

GIT's supposition is correct; the drivers that are unsupported in Windows 7 64-bit are not loaded when you install RSLinx Classic, so you don't even have the chance to get to an error message when you try to run the driver.

The master OS/Driver compatibility list for RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise is in RA Knowledgebase article ID number 58963.

Quite a few drivers that will work with Windows 7 32-bit won't work in Windows 7 64-bit, such as the virtual backplane driver, the PLC-5 Emulator, and the SmartGuard USB driver.

I haven't had the chance to test the 1747-UIC, just by defining it as a 1770-KF3/1747-KE, in Windows 7 64-bit.

If you plan to use one of the unsupported drivers, you may want to nail down a workaround or a launch/support schedule via RA Tech Support or your local RA office.

I haven't had the chance to test the 1747-UIC, just by defining it as a 1770-KF3/1747-KE, in Windows 7 64-bit..

Works GREAT...., just not as easy as the UIC devices

See post 5

Thanks for your help (all of you) and have a Great New Year

I have a new 64bit W7 machine, I was trying to test my cables to make sure that they will all work and run direct off W7 (not XP Mode)

I downloaded the newest RSLinx 2.57 and a lot of the drivers are not there... UIC Devices and others

Is there anyway to upload the drivers? or anyone seen a tech note on this?

I thought you needed the newest version of RSLinx to run on Windows 7

Thanks you

GIT, you have my commiserations 🍺

Wait a second. They realeased 2.57 with W7 64 bit support yet without all the drivers working? Which ones exactly?

Win7 64-bit cannot support 16bit drivers. Some of the old drivers are 16bit due to the hardware they used(The pcmcia cards for example).