OT: Happy New Year fun... what you probably didn't know about me

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
As Australia, Malaysia and Singapore start off the new year I thought it might be fun to learn more about the people on the group. We gain just a little insight about each other through our posts here but we are all so much more than that.

So the idea is to post something about yourself that others here would not guess about you. For instance, I write poetry. Here is a sample:
http://bloggernorm.blogspot.com/

Here's to a bigger and better 2011 for us all!!:site:

I started playing ping pong again after 38 years.

One or two of the guys at work snuck up a ping pong table into the unused engineering space. It was an old table but the engineers liked it so much the company bought the new one shown.
http://www.deltamotion.com/peter/TableTennis/Where I Play TT 2.JPG

Table tennis is good exercise. It keeps me leaner and meaner. I try to play play at the local Portland Table Tennis Club ( PTTC ) once a week in the winter.

There are table tennis forums too. On those forums I am the noob.

Happy New Year to all.

I have varied interests.

Long range shooting / hunting: My preferred rifles are a 7mm Rem Magnum and a custom rifle in .338-300 (wildcat cartridge). The builder calls it the .338 Edge. Range for the 7mm mag is 1,000 - 1,200 yards. Longest range to date (not mine)for the Edge is 1,860 yards.

Reloading- Kind of goes with the shooting and wildcat cartridge territory

Fishing

and

Photography- LINK

Last edited:
I enjoy working on cars with my son in my 'spare' time.

Here's our 1966 Chevelle... taken a couple years ago before we put the supercharged engine in 🍺 We built the engine and transmission from scratch and are continuously working on it.

And my summer daily driver is an 04 Orange Mustang Convertible with black flames and customized interior that he/I did.

Happy 2011!

Enjoy,

car.jpg

My wifes and mine passion are dogs, training can be a full time job, this is our newest Hensley, great in every way he's 6 months... shepherds are great protection and companion dogs

It was snowing the other day and I took this picture when we were out playing...

Happy New Year everyone!

Hensley.jpg

Here's a (somewhat blurry) picture of me in front of Santa in Afghanistan.

Happy New Year, everyone!

LTB_and_Santa.jpg

2 members online at 12am. Me and Ken Roach.
I like being a dad. My hobbies we working I love doing what I do.
I am a TOOLAHOLIC mainly metal working. Heavy equipment was what I did in a former life.
Riding ATV with my family.
And geeking out of this site.

Last edited:
I ride skateboards. I've been at it for more than 20 years. It's something I still love to do in my very little spare time.

Great thread. I want to go hang with Peter! Cool pic Nathan! Thanks for serving

Ha, Stiga. Good brand.
The Stiga tables in the US are made in the US. The workmanship is not that good. I wouldn't buy another. It works well enough for office play.

dmroeder said:
I ride skateboards. I've been at it for more than 20 years. It's something I still love to do in my very little spare time.
Do you go to the Battle Ground skate board park? If so then you don't need to go far to visit Delta Computer systems. If not then you should try the skate park.

@geniusintraining, nice dog. We had two German Shepherds when I grew up. One was very big strong, smart and a little hyper. The other was more cute, and more normal in size. Both flunked obedience school. They are like little people and have different personalities. I like the expressions on their faces when they look at you.

I write gags and sketches for professional comedians. It is a thrill to see/hear my lines used on TV.
One of my latest was used on a show in the UK called 'The Royal Variety Performance 2010' and it made Prince Charles laugh.