Step 7 Jan 2011 Puzzle

L D[AR2P#0.0]

Lifetime Supporting Member
The following Step 7 project has been run using PLCSIM and contains code that flashes Q0.0

The Project is based on a UK board game called Cluedo (popular at holiday times). Cluedo is played by blindly selecting a crime scenario (person, location and murder weapon) from a set of cards - players then use logic to deduce the circumstances of the murder.

For this puzzle you need to establish the circumstance that flashes Q0.0

The answer will be in the form

Professor Plum with the lead piping in the study

Answers by PM please.

Does your Q0.0 flash when run it in PLCSIM? I've downloaded the project and run it using Step7 V5.5 + PLCSIM 5.4+SP4 and Q0.0 does not flash!!!

No mine Q0.0 is not flashing. I have Step7 5.4 and PLCSIM 5.4 SP3.

For this puzzle you need to establish the circumstance that flashes Q0.0

So i was searching for conditions which will make Q0.0 to flash !

Copy the blocks from the library to a project then download to plcsim. Delete all the blocks from the project offline folder. Copy OB1 from the project online folder to the project off line folder. Open OB1 in the project offline folder and compare with the OB1 supplied in the library. Start your detective work :)