Modicon Unity Pro Network Communication Question

serromacher

Hello everyone;

We have trouble with connecting 2 PC to one simulator.

We have 2 laptop and we connected them viia tthe ehternet cable. Than we opened PLC Simulator at the main computer, after that we connected the simulator from the main computer.

When we try to connect the main computer's simulator. We got a error message like " This isn't a valid PLC address, or PLC is busy, or Media is off" this message.

What should we do for communicating 2 or more pc with eachother.

0301h.jpg

Have you read the Unity help file ? If i have understood you correctly you cannot do what you are asking, there is no provision for external communications between simulators:

General

General limitations
  • The PLC simulator simulates a complete project with its user tasks. However, the runtime behavior of the simulator cannot be compared to that of a real PLC and cannot be used to draw conclusions about the behavior of a real PLC. This includes Multitasking behavior and time information.
  • The PLC Simulator does not support any form of I/O. Although the simulation contains project components for I/Os, they are not processed by the PLC simulator. Inputs and outputs can only be accessed via the project or via the Unity Pro online functions (read, write, force, animate, ...).
  • With the PLC simulator I/O events can not be triggered by setting/forcing %I bits.
  • For limitations concerning the memory card please refer to Memory Card for M340 PLC.
PLC OS System Services
The PLC simulator supports the most PLC OS system services on a variety of platforms. These services are only implemented as dummy services.
This means that functions and function blocks can be used in the loaded project, but they do not work as expected and/or they return an error message.
This mainly affects functions and function blocks that accessed special platforms, such as I/O blocks, communication and hardware specific functions.

The following PLC OS system services are supported:
  • diagnostics functions
  • functions to read the date and time
  • propagation delay time
  • object access (except network variables)
  • Premium DFBs
  • SFC
The following PLC OS system services are not supported:
  • closed loop control (CLC)
  • Fip IO
  • BusX IO
  • Quantum IO
  • configuration
  • communication
  • functions to set the date and time