Trouble seeing processors using RSLinx

JPCompounds

So the laptop I was using to troubleshoot our system was on the way out and now I have all the software installed on a newer machine.

Moved my activations etc and now I go to get on the network and RSlinx only sees one of the 5 PLCs we have on the system. 3, SLC 5/05s and 2 PLC 5s. They were all upgraded 2 years ago to ethernet from DH+ and now I can't seem to see them.

I was able to ping the Ips from the new laptop but I can't get RSwho to recognize them. One of the SLCs somehow was able to contect and I was able to go online. The rest no such luck.

Thoughts?

J

What driver are you trying to use? (Ethernet Devices or Ethernet/IP)

You should probably be using the Ethernet Devices driver if you are not already and add the addresses one at a time in the host name column.

You could also be having a problem with EDS files. If the processors show up but with a yellow question mark for the icon, then you are missing the EDS files.