branded 4-20mA or 0-10VDC simulator

imranali

i want to supply eight 0-10VDC inputs(variable) or 4-20mA current signals to my allen bradley PLC for testing purpose before giving it the real signals from field..can somebody give me the name of any such card by a well known company..as i will test it extensively..thnx

Fluke have loop calibrators that you can use. However these are quite expensive and if you need eight of the you will get ruined.

If you have no requirements for accuracy you can probably weld together somethings with variable sesistors etc.

Otherwise I would use Outputs from another PLC. Maybe you have one around.

As a quick and dirty voltage source flashlight battery or other dry cell work well. If accuracy is an issue use VOM to measure the voltage while under test.

For current use a resistor in series to obtain a desired current. Again a VOM can be used to get accurate current reading.

As an aside I have used 9V batteries to determine if small DC motor will run - dont last long and get warm but for 10 second bench test they are fine.

Dan Bentler

well thanx..bt i had already used these resistors and personally welded things but they dont work too fine..i want to include this test system in my original system for time to time testing and calibration..and need a branded thing that can last for years..e.g. something from ABB, AB,Seimens or any other well known firm..

We use a Yokogawa Calibrator...
It is a really good and easy instrument to use, although I don't think that it would be any cheaper than the Fluke, :).

Link here.