New terminal blocks from Automation Direct

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone used the new terminal blocks from Automation Direct, with "improved jumper system technology"? It appears that they changed the internal jumpers to be press-fit clips rather than screw-down. I've used and liked their terminal blocks in the past, although cutting the jumper strips to size was admittedly a pain. I would question the reliability of a press-fit jumper, but would like to hear from someone who's used them.

Wago's spring clamp terminals use press in jumpers and I've had no problems with them. While I liked the convenience of the spring clamp I dislike the top entry form factor so I only used them once, so your mileage may vary.

I gather you mean knock in strips. I use Legrand terminals (screw type) and they use the knock in strips.
Omron G2RV relays use the same strips.
Have had absolutly no problems so far with either product.
just be aware that some unthinking people will knock out some of the prongs and skip over terminals/relays. Not good as ther is no visual evidence that this has been done. Nightmare for trouble shooting. Use full strips.

I've used the Wago spring clamp terminals with press in jumpers, but now use Phoenix Contact DT seried that use jumpers like the new Automation Direct jumper system.

I tend to like them better because I can jump 10 terminals with a single press in jumper versus pressing in 9 jumpers in the Wago terminals. I now dread ever having to use the screw in style jumpers, so much screw turning to install.

At first I didn't like the looks of the top entry terminals, but after using them a few times, I find them easier to insert wires in tight spaces and less question of how much bite the terminal has on the wire.

One feature I like about the Phoenix DT series as well as the Wago Topjob S series is the design that allows you to push in a ferruled or solid wire without the need of a tool.

If it is of any use to you guys, Omron have 2, 3, 4, 10 and 20 way bridges.
Beats the heck out of cutting all bars and 20 is great.
By the way, if you have to pull them out throw them away and use a new one.

Has anyone used the new terminal blocks from Automation Direct, with "improved jumper system technology"? It appears that they changed the internal jumpers to be press-fit clips rather than screw-down. I've used and liked their terminal blocks in the past, although cutting the jumper strips to size was admittedly a pain. I would question the reliability of a press-fit jumper, but would like to hear from someone who's used them.

We've been using them for six months now and haven't had any problems. Admittedly, they are not in panels that vibrate, sit in the sun during the day and then cool off at night, or anything like that. But they've been fine; the only drawback is changing over to the new terminals and having a bunch of the "old" ones still hanging around.

And, altho I like Wago, Phoenix, Weid, etc... for those of us who are not OEM's and thus are not buying large quantities, AD is the fastest and least expensive source I've found for panel components. The part quality is not always as good, but it is usually good enough and the price and delivery are excellent.