PLC.RSS file and Access Database

angi

Hi guys

Anybody got the experience to set up a Access Database for .Rss file?
I am going to use a command button in Access to open one PLC program( what I want to do is click the command button in database to open the PLC program), but I could not set up the link from the button to the program.

Help me to figure out please.

Thanks

What EXACTLY are you wanting to do? To the best of my knowledge, there's nothing meaningful in an .RSS that you could use Access for...

To amplify on my previous reply, set up the button and set its 'Hyperlink' property to point to the RSS file. I got a couple of warnings but it finally opened up RSLogix 500 with the file.

How do you make it, Bernie?
when I point the file in Hyperlink, it always show me that could not open.

First, make sure that, from the computer where the application is being run (if it's not the same as the development unit), make sure you can, outside of the Access application, navigate to the location of the RSS file, double click it, and have RSLogix open with that file.

Then make sure that you can make a desktop shortcut pointing to that file and do the same thing. The Access button will be nothing more in functionality than that shortcut.

Finally make the button in the Access application, set its 'Hyperlink' property so that it points to the RSS file. On pressing it (during run) it should fire up RSLogix with that file.

You can use the RunApp function in Access.

The command would look like so
Code:
C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 500 English\Rs500.exe c:\plc\file.rss

replace c:\plc\file.rss with the path to your rss file. If there are spaces in the path make it like so "c:\plc folder\file.rss"