RSI PLC-2 Symbol Identification

SkipD

Does anyone know what the interpretation for what looks like a broken contact at the beginning of a rung is in PLC-2? Is it an AFI, some type of branch?

I ran into that a few months ago; I believe you're right that it's functionally an Always-False Instruction (AFI). I couldn't find it in any of the PLC-2 User's Guides so it might be in the AI-2 software or 6200-PLC2 software guides.

Does that output ever come on, on the machine ?

Unfortunately the machine is not running today but I was able to go online and verify that the output was not on. I'm going with an AFI. Thanks for the input

Last edited:
Yup its the equivalent of an AFI - Doug P remembers correctly it a branch end instruction.

Brings back some ancient memories!

I saw this once before on a PLC2 printout, (gotta be 25 years ago, lol), and just thought the RS232 to the printer had glitched.....

Now you've just opened up that "memories" can.....