SlC500 analog input

markwisby

Haven't done much with Analog inputs before.
Need to read pressure input 10x a second and save last 10 seconds worth and then calculate avg for the last 10 seconds.

Any thoughts about how to go about this?
Thanks in advance for the feedback.o_O

So you need to store and average 100 samples.

Is this going to be a running average or a one-time type of deal?

The problems you run into are overflow limits which can probably be remedied by using floating point addresses on a scaled input. Floats can create rounding errors, but depending on the values you're totalizing, it may not be noticeable. This will create a problem, however, if you need this to be a continuous running average because you can accumulate error over time.

I think there are quite a few threads and solutions on this subject if you search the forum.

Paul

Okie, Ty for the reply.
Yes overflow will come up, just didn't want to complicate things more than necessary at this point. because value could be 32767 and then it needs to be multiplied by a gain factor, but that will come later.

Just searched the forum and didn't find much. will try other sources I guess.

By the way, Born in Tulsa, go Sooners.