Red Lion G308 to Micrologix 1500

carolinareaper

Lifetime Supporting Member
All

For my first time programming a G3 to Micrologix 1500 I have three issues hopfully somone can help me with.

Issue #1 How do you do the source for the data tag when it is B3:2/0 when I look at the screen for this it looks like this "B0003:0000" This is confusing.

Issue #2 How do I set-up an Ethernet connection when the 1500 has a programming cable coming from the 9 pin port to an ENI module with a round connection for the other end of the program cable and one open Ethernet cable connection.

Issue #3 I need a A&B program example for a transition from a conveyor to a turntable that turns 90 degrees to off load to another conveyor then back to recieve another pallet. I have a photoeye on the off load conveyor, one for the load of the turntable, and one for the off load of the pallet.

issue 2 you can use the Ethernet on the G3 and pass through to the PLC. Don't worry about the ENI.

carolinareaper; said:
Issue #1 How do you do the source for the data tag when it is B3:2/0 when I look at the screen for this it looks like this "B0003:0000" This is confusing.

Yes, the addressing is different than other HMIs. What you choose at first is just the word level as you described. Below that, you choose the bit number separately. For "Treat As" leave the setting on Bit Array Little Endian

carolinareaper; said:
Issue #2 How do I set-up an Ethernet connection when the 1500 has a programming cable coming from the 9 pin port to an ENI module with a round connection for the other end of the program cable and one open Ethernet cable connection.

As Jeff says, you can use the G3 as your bridge to the Micrologix. I haven't used this feature yet, so I will leave it to someone else for the details of how this is configured.

carolinareaper; said:
Issue #3 I need a A&B program example for a transition from a conveyor to a turntable that turns 90 degrees to off load to another conveyor then back to recieve another pallet. I have a photoeye on the off load conveyor, one for the load of the turntable, and one for the off load of the pallet.

Sounds like a pretty simple sequence, just list the steps including any required delays, and we can help you from there. Do you have limit switches for each position of the turntable?