Iconics part tracking help

vegetax007

Hi everyone,
I have been looking around and can not find an answer to a problem I ran into. I am fairly new to using Iconics Genesis32 V9. I am trying to set up a visual part tracking and I am stumped on how to proceed. I have an Epson robot that loads parts into an oven in one of 4 lanes. The robot will load the lanes in order from lane 1-4 and I have ways of knowing what lane the robot puts the part down. I can either do it with my OPC server or my RSlogix 5000 PLC. The issue is I want to create a simple picture of my oven with the 4 lanes. Then every time a part is put down a simple little square will appear in that lane and then have it slowly move across the oven. The total time from entering and exiting the oven is about 15 minutes. Then when the part hits the end of the oven another Epson robot picks up the part and moves it to a washer. I would then like to show the same visual square as the part disappear from the oven then go through the washer like the oven. (About 3 minutes).

I currently have all of the drawing for the oven and washer set up. I am just not sure how to set up the appearing part square when the robot drops it off and have it move across for the specific time. I know how to create a slider that will move over the time period. The only down side is that the oven holds about 150 parts. And I am not sure how to make the squares appear one after another. For example have some parts like this

/////// /////// ///// (traveling--> --> -->) /////// /// ///// /////

I would like to be able to show where there are gaps where parts were not placed on the oven lanes as it moves through the oven. That way my operators know if parts are coming or not. So if anyone can help me with this that would be amazing.

I've no experience at all with your software, but, if you have bit-level access to program variables, you could multiply by 2 to create a shift register (new bits come in at bit position zero) then attach the series of bits to some sort of indicator to animate the parts in the oven. If you can use arrays maybe a shift register of whole words would work.

I checked the Genesis website. It seems like a pretty powerful program. I'd bet all the pieces are there, you just have to figure out which ones to combine to get what you want.

I do agree with the shift register setup.
Possible that you can use animation and define each "square/part" to be visible only if the SR is loaded with a "1"?
You will probably need 150 indicators.
Each is assigned a bit of the shift register.

Just another random thought

If you can build the register(s) with integer words then the value in the word could modify the color of the indicator. This may be useful for showing different parts in the oven.

I do this in Iconics v9 currently with one of our tunnel kilns. I have a bit shift setup in the PLC and use the BitTest function to check the individual bits of each word. Here is an example of the bittest function:

bittest({{KEPware.KEPServerEx.V4\OPCTAGHERE}},17)

This tests bit 17 in the array, if its 1, the square shows, if its 0, the square hides, use a Hide/Disable action to hide each square.

It seems to me that just because the oven holds up to 150 parts, you certainly do not need to show the operator all 150 of them and their position. Perhaps you only need to display the upcoming minute of parts about to spit out of the oven. I think you'd still need to track them all the way through in the PLC, just no need to display them all to the operator.

I am trying to show them the parts going from our oven (15 minutes) then loaded and running through our washer (4 minutes). This way I can help eliminate miscommunication about if parts are coming or if they have bigger gaps coming up. It help it tell me if they are having a pile up in our washer that happens from time to time.