1794-IF8 and control logix

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I am trying to set up a 1794-IF8 on devicenet with a L62 plc and I am having some problems.

I can see the all the cards a IB16, Ob16, Of8 and I have no problems. When I add in the IF8 in to the scan list it has no data bytes in the I/O count.

I cant find a manual on the AB site either.
Just hoping some one has set one up before.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

Doublecheck that part number; the 8-channnel FLEX analog module is the 1794-IE8.

When I add a 1794-IE8 to my 1794-ADN configuration it adds 16 bytes of data (8 channels x 2 bytes) to the Input assembly.

You can configure it differently (add two Status bytes, configure the Configuration bytes, etc) but that's the default.

Which revision of RSNetworx for DeviceNet are you using ? The 1794-ADN applet changed in the past several years, I think between versions 8 and 9. I'm running version 10.