Need help to choose the frequency module

jcp

Hi friends;
I have PLC of Ge Funac 90-30 series with 8 i/o chasis.
In old system the high speed counter module is installed IC693APU300 but before that a FTV installed to convert the frequency into counts.
Now we upgrade the system and we have two extra frequency signals required but now these FTV is not available or i do not use this technique.
Is there any Compatiable module which directly read the frequency? The range of frequency is 0 to 11550 HZ and amplitude is near about 2 to 15 volt rms.
PLease guide me th module part number which is compatiable with GE PLC 90-30. I use LM90 software for programming.
Best regards
JCp

The manual for the Series 90-30 High Speed Counter module (IC693APU300) is GFK-0293C. You can download a copy here:

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/search/ui.jsp

The module can accept as four uni-directional pulse trains or two A quad B encoder signals. It reports both accumulated count and frequency to the PLC CPU. It can be set up for 5 VDC signal levels or 10 - 30 VDC range.

hi friends;
I explain again that the inputs from Magnetic pickups and flow meter is sinosidal. The manual of particular high speed counter tells that or i understand that it controls the POsitive logic inputs. Can i use this module with direct input connections came from Magnetic pickups and flow meter?
if Yes please guide me how i configure it?
Best regards
JCP

Positive logic means that when the voltage between any of pins 1 - 12 and pin 13 is higher than the ON threshold, the corresponding counter signal will be true.

When you connect a jumper between terminals 13 and 14, the counter is set up for 5 VDC signal level and the ON threshold is 3.25 volts, OFF threshold is 1.5 volts. With no jumper the voltage level is 10 - 30 volts and the ON threshold is 8 volts, OFF threshold is 2.4 volts.

Electrical specs are found on pages 1-8 and 1-9 in the manual I cited.

As long as the peak voltage doesn't exceed the module's limits, I don't think an AC signal would do any damage. If you're concerned, you could put a diode in the line.