Integrate to s7

hazwer

Hi there
I am working on a project in which I am using my computer as the HMI using wincc flexible 2008 in run time and siemens PLC s7-200 cpu 226, I need to operate PLC using my computer by PPI connection, but the problem is that I dont have the option "Integrate to s7" in my project option. I have followed the complete instruction i.e. first install V4.0 STEP 7 MicroWIN SP2 and then SIMATIC WinCC flexible 2008. even then i am not getting the option, I have tried it thrice even formatted my computer and did it from fresh.
Please help me as the dead line for submitting the project is 20th jan 2011.
Thank you.

Hello haszwer.

I dont use S7-200 or MicroWin, but I think possibly that integrating is only possible with the regular STEP7 for S7-300/400.
You dont have to use an integrated project to use WinCC Flex PC RT. Just setup the connection details manually in WinCC Flexible.

actually i am new to wincc but i have tried that too but it wont communicate to the PLC. I need to add tags from microwin.

Don't forget to Set the PC/PG Interface.
S7Online interface should be set to the PPI comms setting.
Else it won't work.

I presume they will talk by Ethernet, right ?

If you setup the HMI ip address in the microwin and as Jesper said, you can manually create the connection in the Flexible, using the PLC ip, and seting up the HMI ip.

Even though doesn't show as "connection partner" in the WinCC Flexible, you should be able to get connected.

Even you tag list, as long as they match with the addresses in the S7-200 PLC it's all that matters. Ignore the "warning" messages (in blue) when you compile the Flexible project.

WinCC Flex you configured the WinCC station to have address 1.
PG/PC interface, you have configured the WinCC station to have address 2.
This will not work.

Another option would be to uninstall the PC/PPI driver and re-install it. This is suggested in the WinCC Flex Help files.

Thank you

Thank you all for helping me.
The problem is solved, all i had to do is change the setting in PG/PC interface i.e. set microwin's interface to none and disable the firewall(AVG).