Newby to CSMSTRSX

rsorrell

I am new to this game using the CSMSTRSX with crimson 3. I can not get the master to communicate to the CSPID1 modual. the termination jumper is in place on the end. I can communicate to the master by itself with USB and ethernet cable. I now have added the CSPID1 modual and the master STS led flashes 3 times and the CSPID1 alternates between the red and green. which both means no communication between the two. So what is the quik fix or point me in the right direction. I have looked over the manual for the hardware and software but not having much luck.

thanks

Hello,

In your rack configuration do you have more than one module configured?

Assuming that the module configured in the rack is the correct module the next thing I would do is cycle power to the rack. If this doesn't have any effect then I would hot swap the module. To do this leave power applied to the rack and remove the module from its base and then reattach it.

Thanks
Jeremy

ok i have been trying all kinds of things in the last hour and a half to get it to communicate. i have done the hot swap several times and checked for the configeration for the master and Pid modual. all the things are correct and the termination jumper is in place on the 1 CSPID1 modual. still i am getting the error codes for no comumication between the two. either i have a bad modual or i am not holding my mouth in the correct position. is there anything else i can try?

Do you have another module you could try? Can you try loading a Crimson 2.0 file to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks
Jeremy

No I only have the one unit or modual to use. Yes i did try the crimson 2.0 and created a data tag then hot swooped it. still it is not communicating. I have finally gave up and i am in the process of sending the modual and master control back to place of purchase so they can test it out with a another modual. hopfully I can get it back by the end of next week so I can get it running over the weekend for the test which is due to start on the following week. thanks for the help but i think i have a bad back pane on one of the units. I know this is unusal for red lion products but it still happens once in a while.