intellusion

nas11116

i have intellusion 6.1 and am unable to dial into it. what is the normal procedure for dialing into it. is there a dialup up program that comes with it? or do you have to use dialup networking within windows. any help would be appreciated

That's not a function of Intellution - it's a function of how their network was setup. You'll have to give us a whole lot more information...

You would typically use the Windows RAS function for this i do believ it is described quite well in the FIX documentation.

You say 6.1 but the way I rememmber Intellution FIX was not Y2K compliant prior to 6.15

right now we have an intellsion computer at the plant connecting through an internal 1784 something or other card. can i get a second computer to connect through the ch0 port through rs232? does intellusion use rslinx to get onto the dh+ network? Im having trouble finding any documentation how this software works its very old and hard for me to deal with.

Last edited:
Open up the System Configuration in Fix32, Check to see what I/O drivers you have loaded. Post that info and I can probably tell you how it is talking atm.
Or, save the .scu file somewhere, zip it up, and post it and i'll take a look.

Ok thanks a lot. i checked under configure i/o driver
ABR-Allen-Bradley rslinx v6.30
and sim driver
i hit configure on the AB one than go to setup
says:
Type:1784-KT/KTx(D)

only option i get is that and 1784-ktc and Ethernet no ch0

also i will note that i cant get rslinx to talk to the PLC if i try to run rslinx with fix32 open it locks the com port
so i shut fix32 down. and i can now use the com port. i try to auto configure the com port it will not negotiate a baud rate. so i tested the com port computer to comptuer with another machine the com port im using works fine.

the version of rslinx im running is 2.0. and with rslinx im using that rs232 driver.

i have a laptop here with a much newer version of rslinx and i can communicate just fine with the PLC

EDIT:NM, the ABR driver CAN talk DF1.

You could also point the 2nd machine at the first and just load the values from machines1 database?

Last edited:
You'll need to configure RsLinx ahead of time to talk to the PLC via DF1.
Verify you can then browse to the PLC like this in RsLinx.

Then, Open up the ABR powertool and tell it you are using the DF1 driver and setup the block you want to read.

So let me get this straight the ABR driver uses rs linx
and the ABH driver doesnt?
I cant get it to work ill keep playing. I cant get rslinx to see the PLC for the life of me. and as far as using the ABH driver i try to enter the N7 addresses like the other driver is already setup and it keeps deleting them.
Is there some other HMI software I could setup on my laptop thats simple to use and i could just configure it to show a few values. We just want visibility from the office.​

If you just want visibility, set the 2nd machine to only have the SIM driver, add the first machine as a node(you may need a hosts table entry for this) and just pull values that way. That way you don't have to buy anything.

thats the way it was setup originally to dial into the other intellusion machine at the plant. but i guess the analog line isnt what it used to be so now we it has to be rs232 i guess there gonna re route that analog line somewhere else through some other means

So let me get this straight the ABR driver uses rs linx
and the ABH driver doesnt?

Yes

ABH driver i try to enter the N7 addresses like the other driver is already setup and it keeps deleting them.

Post a screen shot of the driver configuration if you can. Did you select the type of PLC you have. ( PLC2,PLC3,PLC5 SLC??....)

What PLC/SLC do you have?

Last edited: