TI 545 / ControlLogix 5563 comms

josh_d

Good morning from Aus,

Currently installing a controllogix 5563 into a plant that requires comms to and from a TI 545 (or 555).

Wondering if anyone has had any success with soft comms between the two. Or as I'm thinking... hard comms may be required.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have had great success with the Control Technology 2572-A module. It creates a set of pre-defined ControlLogix array tags that you can associate with memory areas in the TI controller, and then read and write using MSG instructions in the ControlLogix.

http://www.controltechnology.com/products/2572-a/

If you need deterministic or very fast cyclic data between the control systems, I'd choose a Profibus DP module for each one. It's a little more complex to set up but the data transfer is faster.

Good morning from Aus,

Currently installing a controllogix 5563 into a plant that requires comms to and from a TI 545 (or 555).

Wondering if anyone has had any success with soft comms between the two. Or as I'm thinking... hard comms may be required.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Josh,

Removed my response after I read Ken's reply..

Just out of Interest you wouldn't happen to be working just of Geelong at a Cement Plant would you ?

Last edited:
The name was a bit of giveaway. Is Chris back yet ?

yeah subtle isnt it...

no hes not, middle of feb

theyre on shutdown at the moment so its fairly hectic and without their control systems engineer to sort things out im not sure the project managers are realising theres no one to do their coding...

haha! Thanks. Might see you there sometime soon then..

Still can't believe of all the programmers in the world you reply, whats the chances..!

Hope all else is well and you're keeping busy. All the best for the new year.

I have had great success with the Control Technology 2572-A module. It creates a set of pre-defined ControlLogix array tags that you can associate with memory areas in the TI controller, and then read and write using MSG instructions in the ControlLogix.

http://www.controltechnology.com/products/2572-a/

If you need deterministic or very fast cyclic data between the control systems, I'd choose a Profibus DP module for each one. It's a little more complex to set up but the data transfer is faster.

Thanks for the info Ken, luckily enough the ethernet card I had in our test rig is a 2572-A. All up and running well. Didnt take too long either.