A sticky MACO VI mess

zerotact

I am always stuck with situations with no easy fix. So I would see if there were any MACO experienced people out there.

Here's the scenario.. Input 075 is wired to a controller card. When this controller card faults out it dropps the signal causing an alarm stopping the machine. The only problem is, no matter what I do, I can't get 075 in the logic to change state. Weather there is voltage present at the card or no, it simply won't change state in the logic. Sometimes this problem with stop and the machine will go back to being able to run, but when the machine decides to it just gets mad and sits down on us.

Anyways, lets throw out the obvious, I have swapped cards ( several times ), and cleaned contracts and the backplane.

For months I have been trying to people that I am not crazy and there really is a problem that's inside the plc and cannot be resolved out on the physical machine anywere. The input should show itself changing state when you monitor in in the logic viewer. the opposite side changes state when you apply or remove the alarm signal.

I've tried to explain that I think either the program or the memory have gotten corrupted in the spot that deal with this input.. But its hard to get someone to concieve the problem when they don't understand how a plc works..

Anyways anyone with some maco exerience would be great help, but I have a feeling I am going to be assured my ideas on corruption are valid.

zerotact,

while i do not know anything about your plc, what you are describing is similiar to a problem i had.

the input may be photo coupled inside the controller and the photocoupler is going bad. you may also have a bad solder joint. in either of these cases, the program would operate as you stated, interminnent.

try changing inputs and see what happens.

regards,
james