DirectLogic 06 Question On Timing

lapflapf

Supporting Member
I am learning PLC programming and can write a basic program but I am not sure where to start on this one. I have a Boiler they want to do a Blowdown on about 4 times a day, I have a DirectLogic 06 and a Automation Direct EA7 Touch Screen. I want to give them A place on the touch screen to input up to 4 different times and a duration. Such as 6am for 5 minutes and 13:00 hours for 7 minutes and so On. And that in turn will enable the blow down solenoid. The manual part I can figure out I just need someone to point me in the direction to start.

Any Help Appreciated

The manual part I can figure out I just need someone to point me in the direction to start.

Here is one way, there are many more. Copy the text below paste into notepad, save it, open a new instance of Direct Soft, click on "file", "import", "program" follow directions when prompted.

PLC 06

// Rung 1
// Address 0
#BEGIN COMMENT
"http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=60705"
""
"I am learning PLC programming and can write a basic program but I am not sure where to "
"start on this one. I have a Boiler they want to do a Blowdown on about 4 times a day, I "
"have a DirectLogic 06 and a Automation Direct EA7 Touch Screen. I want to give them A "
"place on the touch screen to input up to 4 different times and a duration. Such as 6am for "
"5 minutes and 13:00 hours for 7 minutes and so On. And that in turn will enable the blow "
"down solenoid. The manual part I can figure out I just need someone to point me in the "
"direction to start."
""
#END
STR C0
OUT Y0

// Rung 2
// Address 2
#BEGIN COMMENT
"The Cmore will need to send four values for the hour and a value for the blowdown "
"duration to the PLC"
#END
STRE V7770 V2001
PD C1

// Rung 3
// Address 5
STRE V7770 V2002
PD C2

// Rung 4
// Address 8
STRE V7770 V2003
PD C3

// Rung 5
// Address 11
STRE V7770 V2004
PD C4

// Rung 6
// Address 14
#BEGIN COMMENT
"Is this blowdown control for top blowdown or bottom blowdown?"
""
"If it's for bottom blow then the value might be better expressed in tenths of seconds. "
""
"I find it hard to believe that you need bottom blows in the order of minutes per session "
""
"If you really need minutes then some PLC side math might be in order"
""
#END
STR C1
OR C2
OR C3
OR C4
STR C0
ANDN T0
ORSTR
OUT C0
TMR T0 V2000

// Rung 7
// Address 24
END

// Rung 8
// Address 25
NOP

#BEGIN ELEMENT_DOC
"Y0","","","blowdown valve"
"C0","","","duration seal in"
"C1","","","First blowdown time of the day OS "
"C2","","","second blowdown time of the day OS "
"C3","","","third blowdown time of the day OS "
"C4","","","Fourth blowdown time of the day OS "
"T0","","","duration sealin timer"
"V2000","hmi tenths","","tenths of seconds from HMI for blowdown"
"V2001","","","first hour# to blow down from HMI"
"V2002","","","second hour# to blow down from HMI"
"V2003","","","third hour# to blow down from HMI"
"V2004","","","Fourth hour# to blow down from HMI"
"V7770","","","Hours on the PLC clock"

#END

Works great

Milldrone I appreciate the help It works perfectly. It is a top blowdown there doing, one is a high pressure boiler and the other is a low pressure boiler. They want a seperate page for each boiler on the HMI so I will give them that and they should be good to go. Thanks again