1747-CP3 Cable

icehube

I have a quick question about a control logix cable. Just about any laptop that you buy now has no serial port on it, only usb. I just bought a new laptop with windows xp running logix 5000 and heard that the new 1747-CP3 cable for usb to the plc proccessor has troubles. Just wondering if anyone has had this trouble. The cable is cheap. I am assuming anyhow that this is the correct one anyhow.

The 1747-CP3 is an ordinary serial cable. Copper, rubber, and steel. The 1756-CP3 is the same cable with a slightly lower-profile right-angle end on it. They are usable interchangeably with SLC-5/0x and ControlLogix family controllers.

I very strongly recommend the Keyspan HS-19 USB/RS232 converter. I have had very good luck with it under every OS and every driver I've used.

In the A-B world, the serial driver that doesn't work with this USB/RS232 converter is the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver in RSLinx Classic. But that's the only one; DF1 Full Duplex, ASCII, Modbus... everything else works fine.

Hey Ken, I use the 9300-USBS converter from AB, after going online with a Micrologix 1500, SLC-5/0x or Controllogix I get kicked off after about 4 to 10 minutes. I have two laptops that this happens on. I’m willing to purchase the converter that you have recommended to see if this will solve the problem. Can you please post some more info about the converter. I google the model number that you posted and I get Model USA-19HS.

Last edited: