New Ladders won't activate outputs

mmarinr

Hey guys!

Again, I'm working with the SLC5/03, RSLogix500.

My program is working perfectly, but I just added a new ladder and the outputs won't go on.

They aren't anywhere else in the program and the inputs do activate when they're supposed to...

I must have skipped some step or something, anyone knows about this?

Thanks in advance!

Are you calling the new ladder routine in your main program (ladder 2)?

Only ladder 2 runs automatically. All others must be called from ladder 2 using the SBR instruction.

from my distinguished colleague Alaric ...

Only ladder 2 runs automatically. All others must be called from ladder 2 using the SBR instruction.

I'm sure that he meant to say: "others must be called using the JSR instruction."

JSR is right. :unsure:

Thanks for catching that Ron.

SBR is a subroutine instruction (although its basically useless in a SLC), but JSR is what calls a subroutine.

Just to add to the confusion, the JSR Subroutine Calls are usually in Ladder 2, but they don't have to be. A Subroutine can be called from another Subroutine.

Stu....