S7-1200 Slow Communication

junior

I have a S7-1200 PLC with KTP1000PN touch screen and they're both connected through a siemens 4 port ethernet hub. The 2 devices are communicating, but the update time seems very slow. I have a button on the touch screen and when I press it, I add 1 to a number and display it back on the screen. There seems to be approx 1 - 1.5 seconds time delay between when I press the button on the screen and when the number on the screen updates with the new value.

Under the HMI tags, I have the tags acquisition mode as cyclic continous and the acquisition cycle is 100 ms. Are there any other settings I might be missing?

I did some more testing and it looks like 1 - 1.25 seconds is the fastest I can get a response by the KTP1000PN touch screen. The communication seems to be fast getting into the PLC, but for the touch screen to display the change is very slow. This is pretty disappointing since the whole system is on an ethernet network.

Yup, I changed them to 0.1 sec only on the tags that I would want to update quickly. I've also changed them to continuous acquisition.

But I gave up, my conclusion is that the fastest update time I could get is between 1 -1.5 seconds. Pretty poor if you ask me. I hope this is the last siemens touch screen I work with

S7-1200 FAST communication

I just did a test on an S7-1212 and a KTP600.
On pressing the button I increment an INT in OB1.
The reaction time on the display is very short, maybe a few(2..?) tenths of a second. o_O