need suggestion for device net to profibus converter

kraj

Dear All

I need A help On Following topic.

i have one Allen Bradly micrologix 1200 PLC which is on Device neto_O
and at another side i have one Siemens Make Master drive MC which is on profibuso_O.

and i want to talk Allen Bradly PLC with that Siemens make drive

so any one suggest me how i make them talko_O

thanking you
Raj

You might be better off using the serial port of the MicroLogix 1200 and get a serial to Profibus adapter,I think this might be easier than going via DeviceNet.
The ML1200 does not have a DNet master adapter only the 1761-NET-DNI.

Also it helps helps us if you list all the part numbers of the devices that you are using.

It is a bit rude expecting people on a forum (which is made up of people who give there time freely to help each other)to answer your problem in 20 minutes. 👨🏻‍🏫

thanks

Thanks For Ur suggestion .sorry if u feel its sum how rude.
but mine intention was not to that

I don't think any of the serial/Profibus DP gateway devices on the market act as Profibus DP cyclic masters or peer masters. I would expect that function to be necessary to have the MicroLogix 1200 "talk" to the Masterdrive MC in any meaningful way.

The MicroLogix 1200 does offer Modbus RTU Master protocol on RS-232. Does the Masterdrive MC have a communications option for Modbus RTU ?

thanks Roach

I don't think any of the serial/Profibus DP gateway devices on the market act as Profibus DP cyclic masters or peer masters. I would expect that function to be necessary to have the MicroLogix 1200 "talk" to the Masterdrive MC in any meaningful way.

The MicroLogix 1200 does offer Modbus RTU Master protocol on RS-232. Does the Masterdrive MC have a communications option for Modbus RTU ?

hey roach
there is no optioin of mod bus rtu on Master drive there is only a profibus point

There is a CAN bus card for Masterdrive. Its the
CBC I believe.
Will that work for devicenet? I don't know.
Search the Siemens site for the manual.