PF70 Remote HIM

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am modifying some old Square D MCC "bucket drives" getting rid of the Altivar drives and installing Powerflex 70 in their places. The 2HP drives I am using have a removable face which holds the HIM cradle and on the bottom is a connector for a scanport cable to accomodate a remote HIM.

I would like to use a remote HIM on the door of each bucket, but there is a clearance issue with the remote HIM cable which appears to be the same scanport cable that A/B has used since the 13xx series drives. Just below each drive, there is a plug in terminal block mounted to the bottom of each MCC module that I really can't relocate, so the A/B cable (p/n 1202-H10) won't quite work.

Does anyone know of a scanport cable with a right angle connector on one end, or of a remote HIM option that doesn't use a cable that sticks out below the edge of the so far?

I had hoped there was a cable that plugged directly into the HIM cradle connector, but I have not found anything like that. They all appear to be the round scanport type connectors, and all are straight as well.

Probably a long shot, but it never hurts to ask.

TIA,
Paul

Although SCANPort/DPI and MicroLogix cables are both in Mini-DIN8 shells, they have different keying and pin patterns. You can't take a right-angle 1761-CBL-PM02 or similar cable and cut the end off to make it fit a DPI device.

I can't think of a solution for this; all the DPI cables I see are straight shells.

RA may have some special cables that you can't order with a 1202-xxx part number, though. See if the low-voltage drives manager at your regional RA office can help you out.

Sounds like you've been there Ken. It was worth a shot. Dory to get your hopes up Paul.