FactoryTalk View SE "Test Mode"?

sethen320

I have a VersaView panel running FTVSE 5.1. I just installed the client and got it connected to the network FT directory. The application loads, but it says it's in Test Mode. I have never seen this before. The only clue of something going amiss is in the Diagnostics Viewer it says "Developer Key Acquired...".

Does anyone know how I can make this function as a standard runtime client?

Is the activation server local or remote from your FTView SE Client ? More importantly, does that activation server include a Toolkit or other master license ?

My guess is that the FTView client checks out the Toolkit license first, and would check out its normal license if the Toolkit wasn't present. You could test this by backing up and removing the *.LIC file for the Toolkit from the activation server.