Old bits of kit

Oceansoul

I know how some people on he like seeing old/obselete PLCs and equipment.

Well today i was working with a contractor who had come to one of our sites (that i havent had much to do with the control system yet), who was to change some code to include new pumps etc.

Whilst there he gave us a quick run down of an upgrade they did 2 years ago. The old system had a PLC5/VME processor. I've never heard of such a thing. Look bit like a 5/250 only slightly smaller and silver. I'll get some photos of it soon. This VME was replaced with a SLC500 to talk modbus to some (46) Intelligent Motor Managers.

I found it pretty intresting.

Similar Topics

This is admittedly a pretty obscure problem, but maybe someone else has run into it, or at least something similar. For reasons I won't get into...
Replies
Views
Does Rockwell still offer reset codes for old school Master Disk floppy's? In a bind and need to reset the activation disk soon and to be pointed...
Replies
Views
Has anyone found a way to convert/replace/update the firmware on old Parker TS80xx series HMIs (i.e. TS8010, TS8006, etc) to accept Crimson...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I am currently working on a depalletizer for a customer and we are doing a hoist upgrade. This is a SLC500 processor and the drives are...
Replies
Views
Hi, One of my customers has an old fabric tensile testing machine. The IC # AD7501KN of its controller has malfunctioned. This IC is related to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom