Motion Control tuning

ascot01

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
I have a Advanced Motion Controls brushtype PWM servo amplifier (120A10D) and not being an expert I need a simplified explanation of what to expect from the motor when adjusting the 'Loop Gain' pot. The application calls for 6000 ohms and I seem to get better performance with 3000 ohms. Is there a danger of setting the resistance too high or too low? What actually changes in motor performance as the loop gain is changed from say 10k down to 2500 ohms?

Peter,
Without knowing anything about his drive, it sounds like his % gain is set via a pot. Maybe a 10k pot?

Without more info on the drive, we're grasping at straws.

-rpoet

that's right rpoet, it is a pot and it has a range of 0 to 40k ohm. I connect the ohmmeter across the pot terminal and signal ground and the pot varies the resistance while watching the ohms reading on the meter.

Last edited: