PLC Newbie Lost

mikeh

I am Working with a Omron CJ1M. It had just simple digital I/O modules. Which with what little experience I have is ok there. I am trying to add a MAD42 analog I/O module. I'm getting out of my league. So I'm trying to learn myself. But back to my problem. I installed the module and turned the plc back on and got an error. Code 0x80E0 IO setting error. I am confused on setting up the DM memory address areas. I am using the CX programmer software. Like I said I don't know nothing about analog I/O's. So I need help in dummy terms. Anybody go help in pictures? ha ha
Thanks
Mike

First, read the manual. The module has its own manual.
Second, create an I/O table. If you don't know what this is, then I doubt you are going to able to setup the module.
Third, the distributor who sold you the module owes you a little suppport.
If all that doesn't work, try a few things and come back and tell us about it.
CJ1 Analog Operation Manual

I/O Table

I tried to get the I/O table from the plc but I keep gettin an I/O error back from the plc. Do I need to create the I/O table on the CX programmer for this module due to the fact it does not have its own I/O address.

Thanks
Mike

Really, this is very basic stuff and I agree with Jay. If you cannot create an I/O table I do not like your chances of proceeding further.
Connect to the PLC, double click on the I/O table icon, go to options and select create. You will have to place the PLC in programming mode before creating the I/O table.
:confused: