Write time and date to a Direct Logic 06

lapflapf

Supporting Member
I have a Direct logic 06 and a Automation Direct EA7 Touch Screen and I am using C-more to program the screen with. How can I get the touch screen to update the time on the PLC. I know the tags to read from the PLC, I have them on the touch screen now and they are working fine. Everything I have tried to write to the PLC has not worked yet.

You will not be able to directly change the Date and Time in the DL06. You will have to use the DATE and TIME commands in ladder to use the information supplied from the screen. Only those commands will reset the date/time.

Ok thats what I thought but it isn't working for me I must not be setting it up right between the two. I will work with it some more, I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Thanks for the Help

The 'help' file in Directsoft isn't actually much help. Use the information from the DL06 CPU manual. For both the TIME and DATE instructions you have to set up two adjacent V registers in a precise way then call the instruction. The manual shows the format. The information will,of course, come from the HMI.

When I get to work on Monday I will see if I can find a manual. Thats where I am having trouble is setting up the two adjacent registers. Where I work they are giving me a chance to work on some small projects to see if I can learn PLC programming. Thanks to milldrone from this forum I put my first project online Friday and am making some changes on it today. Part of the deal is I am writing the programs and learning on my own time at home on nights and weekends otherwise I install equipment during the day. Thanks for the help

will see if I can make it work.

As Bernie mentioned you need to get the "time" into the proper format. Here is one way that may save you some frustration. I hope that my use of V2000 and the manual's use of V2000 do not cause confusion. In my example the double words V3000 and V3001 are loaded into the time clock

timeformat.jpg

PLC 06

// Rung 1
// Address 0
#BEGIN COMMENT
"When the ""set time"" button on the HMI is pressed the values from the HMI are formatted "
"for insertion into the PLC time clock"
""
""
"To get the minutes from a value of say 45 to 4500 we multiply by 100, then we add the "
"seconds"
""
"Finally we use the ""TIME"" instruction to load the values in V3000 and V3001 into the PLC "
"timeclock"
""
#END
STRPD C0
LD V2001
MUL K100
ADD V2000
OUT V3000
LD V2002
OUT V3001
TIME V3000

// Rung 2
// Address 9
END

// Rung 3
// Address 10
NOP

#BEGIN ELEMENT_DOC
"C0","","","""set time""momentary pushbutton from HMI"
"V2000","","","seconds from the HMI"
"V2001","","","minutes from the HMI"
"V2002","","","hours from the HMI"
"V3000","","","minutes and seconds formatted to enter into PLC time clock"
"V3001","","","hours ready to enter into PLC timeclock as part of a double word"

#END

Last edited:
Thanks milldrone I will try it out later this week when I get back in town and can get to a plc to work on. And I appreciate everybodys help that replied.