OMRON DIFU(13) Contacts

bigbri

HELP !!!!!!!

I am trying to get a basic program working using OMRON's SYSWIN 3.4 package.

When using a DIFU(13) it is then conected to the contact you wish the DIFU to operate.

The contact operated by the DIFU is usually shown (On OMRON) like this ----¦¦ ¦---- , however, all I kind find is the normal ----¦ ¦----- NO or ----¦/¦----- NC contacts.

Where in gods name is the DIFU NO NC contacs found withing SYSWIN???? (----¦¦ ¦----).

Can't find it anywhere!!!!

You can tell I'm new to SYSWIN !!!!!

Thanks all for your time !!

Regards,

Brian

Syswin help

Can't really help a great deal with true examples as i've not got syswin on this PC but by memory I believe that you would use the standard DIFU function as an output to give the one scan pulse on a separate rung and then use the flag as an input to the rung where you need the pulse to work. It's a bit long winded but I think this is the only way it could be done using Syswin with it being an older software.

Hope this helps
James

HELP !!!!!!!

I am trying to get a basic program working using OMRON's SYSWIN 3.4 package.

When using a DIFU(13) it is then conected to the contact you wish the DIFU to operate.

The contact operated by the DIFU is usually shown (On OMRON) like this ----¦¦ ¦---- , however, all I kind find is the normal ----¦ ¦----- NO or ----¦/¦----- NC contacts.

Where in gods name is the DIFU NO NC contacs found withing SYSWIN???? (----¦¦ ¦----).

Can't find it anywhere!!!!

You can tell I'm new to SYSWIN !!!!!

Thanks all for your time !!

Regards,

Brian

Wow, Syswin is pretty old. I haven't used it for over 10 years. I would recommend upgrading to CX-Programmer. Omron has improved it greatly, and the price is reasonable for what you get. They usually sell it as part of the CX-One package these days.

Getting back to your question on the DIFU Instruction. In CX-Programmer, if you have a DIFU Instruction for a certain Address. When you insert a Contact Instruction with the same Address, it automatically shows it as Differential. It has been so long, I can't remember how Syswin handles it.

Stu....

!

Syswin? <Sharp intake of breath>
Very old! However, if you use a DIFU, the address will be recognised as a oneshot by the editor, and automatically be displayed with that extra vertical line you describe.

Tip: upgrade!
Hth

Pp

WOW guys, thanks for all the replies.

I'm an electronics engineer and am new to the PLC world so am currently doing a course. To start with we use SYSWIN, not allowed to use CX Programmer yet (have played with it and obviously it's much much better!!)

Thanks for the Jpg... I just couldnt find the symbol for your "one shot" contact (address 210.0) that you have there. My SYSWIN didn't automatically change it to that! Obviously you can drag and drop NO and NC contacts but couldn't find one for the "One-Shot" contact, as shown in the jpg you sent !!!

To cut a long story short !! How did you get 210.0 symbol?????

Will try again, mabye I'm just being stupid !

Thanks again, all !!

Brian

Last edited:
As bluebyu pointed out, it would help if you mention which PLC you are using. By using syswin, it must precede the CJ family.

If you want to create a one-shot/rising edge trigger, pick the input, add the DIFU instruction at the output of the rung, pick a unused memory address to allocate to the instruction, then use this address where you want the one-shot to happen. The symbol will then automatically show the contact as the differentiated version.

Unfortunatly, I'm not connected to sny PLC yet!! Just been given the task of designing a ladder program using a DIFU to turn a motor on and off using the same push button at the beginning of the program.

I can draw the ladder diagram fine, but just couldn't get the o/p from the DIFU to become a differentiated version. In the meantime I have just dragged a NO contact in it's place until I can figure out how to make it work.

Stupidly tried to read the OMRON SYSWIN operations manual. About as much use as a chocolate fireguard !!!

I'll get there.

Wish I was allowed to use CX Programmer! My program works on there!!!!

But I'm not :-(

Thanks again all, i'll muddle through !

Unfortunatly, I'm not connected to sny PLC yet!! Just been given the task of designing a ladder program using a DIFU to turn a motor on and off using the same push button at the beginning of the program.
Sounds like a classic case of using a flip-flop... :rolleyes:

I can draw the ladder diagram fine, but just couldn't get the o/p from the DIFU to become a differentiated version.
How are you getting the output? It has to be the same bit address as in the DIFU instruction.

In the meantime I have just dragged a NO contact in it's place until I can figure out how to make it work.
How does the NO in its place solve the problem?

Stupidly tried to read the OMRON SYSWIN operations manual. About as much use as a chocolate fireguard !!!
IMHO, most manuals are hard to understand at first, is all a bout knowing how to interpret them!

Wish I was allowed to use CX Programmer! My program works on there!!!!
If it works on CX-Programmer, then it should work on SYSWIN, after all, it is just ladder logic?

You have still not mentioned what PLC you are using?

I learned programming with Omron PLCs, but I haven't programmed any since the early 90s. That said, I don't think you need a differential contact if you've already made the bit a one-shot with the FUN(13) instruction.

By using FUN(13) on the coil, you're specifying that the bit become TRUE for one scan. Therefore, a 'regular' normally-open contact will suffice.

The differential contact turns ON at the FALSE-to-TRUE transition. Therefore, it will only turn ON once during the scan when the bit becomes true.

It will work fine if you use both instructions, but I don't think it's necessary.

🍻

-Eric

Thanks again all,

Will try the FUN(13) instruction on the coil today sometime, and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Brian