s7-1200 pid stop

Hello,

While I do not have a solution for you, in the olden days ;) we called this controller wind up/down. Back when PID was pneumatic/electro/mechanical.

The controller would go past a point where the change of inputs could never be great enough to 'un-wind'.

It was solved with hi/lo limits. Then the controller could never exceed X point, the point of no return.

The quick solution, until the system could be altered, was to switch from automatic to manual and back to automatic. Because the PID loop had output tracking, when in manual, to prevent bumps when switching modes, the loop could then unwind.

This is all assuming that the programming is all correct. Meaning not an error in coding. The error is in design.

I could be wrong. ;)

eazy solution

hello
go to output limi tab and set the field max output to 99 instead of 100 download it to your plc and it will not go to inactive mode again.
thanks