Omron PLC RXD TXD and Memory usage

elessarsst

Hi all,

I've programmed some omron plc's with cx-one. But I've never used rs-232 communication or memory usage. Just inputs and outputs with some timers and counters.

Here is the situation:

When the RXD reads from buffer sends it to some D value i.e D100.

My question is, is there a limit to write to D100 like "100000 times writable"?

The reason that i ask is i need to set some D values to make RXD work. I'm planning to set D0001 word 0x0101 to setup RXD configurations "EACH TIME I ENABLE AN SPECIFIC INPUT". If there is a limit i can't do what i planned to do.

That is a good question, but I do not think there is a limit.
D memory is battery backed RAM, not flash or eeprom.

Also, make sure you look at the RS232 pinout on the PLC.
Omron does not use a standard pin configuration.

Hope this will help.

It helped me lot ty very much..

I don't plan to connect plc atm but i'll be careful ty.

I've found out i can monitor that data area with "PLC MEMORY" add-on.

Also I can edit and D value for example i can change D0000 value 0xFFFF.

Is it dangerous? I'm not editing DM or other areas. Just unreserved ones.

If not then this values that i transfer with "PLC MEMORY" add-on, are being kept in eeprom and when the power is on, eeprom sends this value to D area?
I don't think that i understand the battery backed thing. Since i'm not using battery.

I'm asking it because When i monitor this area there are some values on every d value."Is it because i've programmed some input output functions"