S7-1200 SCL Programming - When?

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I read somewhere that Siemens are going to lauch SCL onto the 1200... any one know when this is likely?

The limitations of Ladder & FBD are putting me of at present(too much code rework)

Cheers

Hi JRW
Is that the same as was due around last November? When it was demoed to me their were lots of shortcomings that my supplier said were due to fixed in the "Novemebr Update"

Also is it still the case you need a big (expensive ~ £500) MMC to update the firmware?

Cheers

Yeah, this is pretty much garbage from Siemens.

I have a presentation showing a 1214C (my same version) running SCL, but my TIA v11 SP2 doesn't support it yet.

How quaint.

This is probably only about the second most-frustrating thing about this series of products, right next to v1 of the S7-1200 firmware wiping all retentive registers on power cycle (how'd that make it past testing, lol?).

Scratch that, then.

Instead, the second-most frustrating thing is the money-grab that is updating firmware on a brand-new PLC lineup.

Looks like we're stuck on v2.0 for the forseeable future.

Because we have a lot of these in the field (getting close to 100), we don't have that 24MB card (not to mention those devices are all over the country) that SIEMENS is charging for, and I don't think our supplier would help us get all of them updated given the previous two issues.

It's annoying that there isn't some sort of web update interface or even a way to get an electrician to do it from TIA with his laptop (and not requiring that physical memory card).

Yes its annoying. Someone mentioned that there was supposed to be ethernet update, but it was removed due to security issues.

Having one card for updates does not sound bad with such large installed base..

You could yourself just make instructions on update process and lend the card for those who need it?

Its always that much more risk from security point of view. But im absolutely with you that i don't get it.

Ofc, that was just something i read somewhere, dont know if its true, it sounds possible reason tough.