PLC-5 MSG to Logix 5000 conversion FES

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi friends. I have a FES refrigeration system that we want to be able Read and write to, using a MSG instructions. The FES system utilizes a ComMENT protocol. The host (AB PLC) communicates with the FES Gateway’s RS-232 port via AB DF1. I have found some information about how the protocol should be configured to talk to AB DF1, via PLC 5. The issue is that I have never used PLC-5 before and I’m in need to interpret the following MSG instruction in PLC-5 to Logix 5000 L61 controller.
The info shows how the MSG instruction must be configured in PLC-5:

Command: PLC-3 Word Range Read / Write or PLC-5 Typed Read / Write
PLC-5 Data Table Address: target Integer file for data
Size in Elements: Length of read/write up to 120 words
Local/Remote: Local
Local Node Address: Node ID (in octal) of micro panel
Destination D.T. Address: “$Nxx:yy” from ComMENT Network Protocol
Port Number: 0

How can I interpret the above to place in a MSG instruction using Logix 5000.
Thanks for your help.