Protecting ML1500 Inputs

califflash

I am working with a ML1500, by requirement, and am monitoring 4 different systems at the same time. I was wondering how the experienced guys here would go about protecting the ML and making sure that a surge on one system would not feed into the others.

All monitored points will be 120VAC push buttons and torque switches.

I was initially thinking fuses but the ML wouldn't really draw anything unless it burnt up, would it?

PLC Inputs have some protection built into them. There are a couple of things you could do to add to that. Make sure all the different System Neutrals are tied together, and use 120VAC Movs on the Inputs.

Stu.....

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, been awhile since I've posted..... As the title suggests, using Crimson 3.1 software (Red Lion) I cant seem to figure out if its...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wanted some thoughts on protecting control and instrumentation from welding damage. We had a PLC and drive fail after some welding work...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Yesterday we encountered an issue where I had a 480V 3Ph 2HP Powerflex 525 blow up. Upon further inspection, we noticed that 10...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently developing a project and need to know if it's possible that once I download to CPU and HMI no one can upload it and re use the...
Replies
Views
We have a PV+400 on our floor that has something quite odd going on. The program hasn't been changed in quite a while, at least a couple of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom