RSLogix500 File Sizes

larrybray

This is just a question for curiosity rather than anything else.:confused:

I have two separate autoclaves using the same hardware (SLC 5/04 64K) and the same user program. However, the file sizes are 166kB for one and 330kB for the other.

I've done a compare and the only differnces are the processor name and the data file values. Could this cause the difference in file size?

This is just a question for curiosity rather than anything else.:confused:

I have two separate autoclaves using the same hardware (SLC 5/04 64K) and the same user program. However, the file sizes are 166kB for one and 330kB for the other.

I've done a compare and the only differnces are the processor name and the data file values. Could this cause the difference in file size?

When I worked at the steel mill, we backed up our PLC files to a 1.44 floppy disk. It was using RS5, but every now and then, our saved file wouldn't fit on the floppy. Would open the file, and re-save; the file size would change drastically in between saves.