Ab 1398 ESTOPPING

russrmartin

Hello guys. We have a 1398 ultra drive that is estopping often enough to be a severe nuisance. The drive model is a 1398-DDM or DOM-019. To my knowledge these are very simple drives, and only have a few parameters in them. I am currently trying to connect to the drive via ultra-master software, version 1.60. I am attached with a simple 9 pin serial cable, the only one I can find in house. This is the cable we use to talk to 1394 drives serially, so I made the assumption it would work here too. Perhaps this is my problem. I am having trouble finding information that is detailed enough to help me at least communicate with the drive. Can anyone get me started here? I am not even 100 percent sure that I am using the correct software. We have no backup of the program though, which is what leads me to believe this is a simple ultra master parameter program. Any advice or help is appreciated.

Russ