Signal generator (0-10 Vdc)

theripley

Hi,

I am faced with a challenge of making a plc simulator (the one that manufacturer use to present their plc's capacity to their clients).

So far I'm having trouble with a simulated analog signal of 0-10 Vdc. I'm thinking surely I need a signal generator for this so I decided look up on our catalogues. Unfortunately what the market offers are very high-end & of course soooooo expensive:(

can anyone help me out with this. please:wish:

I have used flashlight batteries for a quick source of DC.
9V battery is real handy for testing small DC motor to see if it runs. Ran a 1/4 HP 90 V for a minute before I decided battery was too hot.

Sorry TW I was writing this as you posted. I am NOT undercutting you.

Dan Bentler

Disclaimer: This is a product I sell...

Have a look at our analog simulators. They are an economical way of simulating both a 4-20ma signal or a 0-10VDC signal (Professional only)
http://www.theautomationstore.com/i...emart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=2

Hi TW,

My client prefers the analog signal simulation be done by a potentiometer (which I think also is more convenient.) Do you have something like that? Can you pls also check if you have distributors here in the Philippines. thanks a lot in advance.

Check out this article:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=149

Also I would not use a 10 turn pot for a trainer. You have no visual key as to where you should be in the signal range because of the multiple turns. I would use a 3/4 turn or a linear sliding pot. I think it would help the students see the pot at, for instance 50% and then look at their meter and see 5v and then look in the code and see half of the digital scale number in the PLC.

Hi TW,

My client prefers the analog signal simulation be done by a potentiometer (which I think also is more convenient.) Do you have something like that? Can you pls also check if you have distributors here in the Philippines. thanks a lot in advance.
No, that's not quite the purpose of these. A good example was how I use mine this past week. We had to verify the span and linearity of what seemed like a thousand analog values on Profibus. We were able to set it on 4, 12, and 20 and verify the values. Maintenance staff love them because they don't have to worry about damaging an expensive signal generator. I've got one bouncing around in my tool bag along with my wrenches.

We sell directly to the Philippines